Pass the Purse – The Lady to Lady Project began in the fall of 2015 from the inspiration of Philicia, one of our amazing volunteers. Pass the Purse is a call to action. Imagine not having a ponytail holder for your hair, no toothbrush or toothpaste, no feminine hygiene products during your time of need, or going without tissue; wiping your tears on your sleeve.
Now, imagine the difference we can make providing homeless and underserved women in the Lowcountry with a purse filled with the “little things” so many take for granted.
Here is how we can help…
– Collect new and gently used purses (clean out your closet and encourage your friends, family, and coworkers to do the same).
– Stuff the purses with a “Lady Friendly” items.
– Deliver the purse(s) to Tricounty Family Ministries at 3349 Rivers Avenue or call the office to coordinate a pick up of your collection!
For those who would rather donate, you can sponsor a purse for only $12 (donate here). There are no limits to the number of purses you can sponsor!
Suggested items to include in a (new or gently uses) Purse to Pass include:
- Hair Comb/Brush
- Ponytail holders
- Nail file and clippers
- Q-Tips or cotton balls
- Maxipads / Tampons / Pantie liners
- Hygiene wipes (diaper wipes)
- Mini Hand Sanitizer
- Hard candy or gum
- Inspiration Books, gifts, or fun stuff.
Purses can be gently used but the contents inside MUST BE NEW please.
Please note- travel size items are okay. Buying in bulk and separating items into zip-lock bags is a great idea. This list serves as an idea, you can be creative and add the things that you personally enjoy as a lady. Every purse does not have to include every item on the list. Do what you can…EVERY purse has a purpose!!!